Do you want to design your WordPress website without having to hire an expert developer? This is why it’s the best choice to make use of a page-builder plugin such as Elementor. For this Elementor review, we will review of its capabilities, performance, and user-friendliness.
If you’re using WordPress, you’re accustomed to using various widgets and plugins that can aid you in formatting your site in accordance with your requirements.
WordPress isn’t always visually exciting as it is now. If you were using WordPress when it first started, you will have memories of plain websites and frustrations when embedding URLs from other websites, HTML and glitchy animations or images hosting.
WordPress has surpassed everything in recent times, and with the many plugins available, it continues to grow beyond basic layout and incorporate a variety of options that let you make unique, personalised pages. One of the plugins that are available is Elementor. Since its debut, Elementor has gained over 1 million active users.
Elementor Review – Features
Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin that works with WordPress loaded with a variety of options. When you enable Elementor on your website and then go to your normal post or page editing screen within WordPress it will show an additional button that lets you enable Elementor.
It’s not necessary to have all HTML or PHP experience or know-how. It’s all done via an easy user interface. It works on the front end, meaning it shows you the outcomes of your work right away in a ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get‘ manner.
Available in a paid or free versions, Elementor enables users to create a template that is their own design and use on their web pages or utilize one of the templates that are already created.
What distinguishes Elementor different when compared to the other web builders is the fact that it’s formatted to function as a live-page builder. That means that what appears on the side when you create the content for your site, will be what your visitors to your website will see once they arrive at your site.
Being able to view the exact layout your website will appear as at the time of building will give you a unique perspective into the way it will be perceived by the site’s visitor.
Elementor comes with a variety of design options that permit full customization of your graphics, including box shadows, fonts backgrounds headline effects, hover effects, and even animations.
Elementor gives users access to more than 100 templates which is equivalent to 300 bricks of which you can make your custom designs.
Blocks are able to be combined a variety of ways to create unique and captivating personalized templates. Blocks are pre-programmed to have specific purposes, such as calling to action, service and testimonials, which help to reduce the uncertainty of determining how to create your layout.
Elementor also permits real-time editing that allows you to edit in real-time. You can alter the margins of templates, as well as the font size to match your style.
It has a convenient undo/redo button that allows rapid revisions and access to a complete list of previous revisions. Click Revise and you’ll see an exhaustive list of each revision ever made to the current page you’re working on.
Elementor has a page-builder style that eliminates headers, footers and all other formatting that may hinder your creativity.
It also has an option for maintenance that displays users the “coming soon” landing page placeholder as you create your site with no concerns of showing less than perfect end result.
If you’re looking to reach an audience that is multi-lingual, Elementor has thought of this as well. Thanks to RTL as well as Multi-language capabilities integrated into Elementor’s framework, users are able to easily translate and include your own language of development to your website.
Elementor supports 28 languages, including three different versions of English Two variations that are Chinese, Finnish, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian and more.
What Elementor Can Do?
When you’re working on an Elementor page, be aware that your changes are likely to be live. When you edit something from your side this will translate into an immediate change for the user.
It’s true that regardless of the number of times that we edit, we will always encounter a person who notices the error. It is now possible to correct it right away, without having to redo the coding of your site.
Elementor also offers an ‘ canvas’ development mode. The last time I wrote, I talked about the custom boxes accessible for drag-and-click placement and this is the point where this feature is available.
Canvas mode provides complete creative control over the way your site appears. Elementor additionally permits editing of mobile views that will allow you to view how your site’s design is converted into mobile-friendly formats. If your target audience is predominantly mobile-based, this could be an effective tool to boost engagement with your customers.
The Elementor app also goes further by permitting you to hide or show widgets for specific devices. For example, if , for instance, you have a large image that is large, you may not want to show that image on mobile versions of your website.
The Elementor’s adaptive design controls lets you block it from mobile devices by the flick of a button. Since page builders remove the need for custom codes however, there are times when you must give up some flexibility on the position of elements to get the ease of use.
What’s amazing about Elementor However, the best part is that it offers numerous intuitive controls to ensure that you put every widget section, column, or section precisely where you want it.
Elementor Pro vs Free Comparison
The most appealing aspect of this is the fact that basic Elementor is available for free. Although there are some additional features included in the paid version The free version is loaded with numerous options and features.
It is possible to add pay widgets for online sales, hyperlinks to other websites you manage, or videos or small animations that catch your audience’s attention. Other advantages include:
- headlines: Design headlines to catch the eye and entice users to click through your site’s content.
- Images Editing: the dimensions as well as settings, margins, margins and opacity can be altered.
- Text Editor Similar to WordPress editor Elementor comes with an WYSIWYG Text Editor.
- Video Embedding: Integrate to a video on YouTube or Vimeo directly to your content.
- Button Each feature in the button’s design can be altered.
- Image Box: Add boxes that feature their own images with headlines, text, and headlines.
- Testimonials/Reviews: You can add social support to your site.
- Icon: more than 600 icons available for you to add into your design.
- Icon Boxes: Create boxes that are like image boxes which contain icons.
- Social Icons: Embed and add icons to your Facebook and Twitter accounts to increase your number of number of followers across all social media platforms.
- Image Gallery Present your images on an aligned grid.
- Image Carousel: Include the option of an animation-based slider, or a rotating display of selected images.
- Icon List Your icons should be arranged in tidy, bullet-pointed lists.
- Counter: Don’t estimate the number of users you’ve got. View all the statistics on your website.
- Progression Bar Are you working towards a objective? Include the progress bar in your website for an easy the tracking.
- Tabs: Let users change between different content by creating tabs on your page.
- Accordion Display Do you have information you want you want to share but don’t want it to take the entire webpage? Place it in a collapsible display.
- Toggle: Create FAQ pages that provide useful the information your readers need However, you shouldn’t sacrifice the design flexibility.
- Alert Alert box with color that assists in bringing the eye of the viewer to the information you want them to be able to see the most.
- HTML: Add code to the page easily.
- Shortcodes: Allows the easy embedding of shortcodes generated by other plugins into your content.
- Menu Anchor: Create your personal menu for your website and then place it on your site to allow users to navigate.
- Sidebars Design a sidebar that is unobtrusive and provides navigation options.
- Google Maps: Let everyone know the location of your business by showing the Google Maps location and allowing GPS directions.
- SoundCloud: Embed audio directly from SoundCloud on your website.
- Divider Your page segments that cover various aspects in a clean presentation.
- Columns Columns can be created that divide your pages or place columns inside columns to further separate information.
What Elementor Paid Version Offers?
The cost-based Elementor plugin that is compatible with WordPress is priced by a site-based cost structure. Annual plans cost just $49 for a single site or $199 for two websites as well as $199 for unlimited websites. If you choose to pay for the plan you get access to additional tools to make construction even more simple.
Note: Elementor has recently changed the Unlimited Plan it offers (The changes were made the 13th of May, 2019). The plan was named ‘Expert’ and is now capped at 1000 domain activations.
The Pro plan features are:
- Embed posts from other websites and showcase work portfolios within The Elementor layouts.
- Design and format directly through the Elementor plugin. You can also enjoy the full editing capabilities of every widget and feature.
- Implement a global widget to various areas of your website for complete access.
- Incorporate CSS in any Elementor block you put on your site.
- Incorporate Elementor elements in widgets and sidebars to further customize.
- Include slides in your layout to create interactive presentation.
- WooCommerce content can be completely customizable to create a distinctive appearance.
- Access to a larger collection of templates and blocks than what is included in it’s free counterpart.
If you’re looking for a quick overview of the reasons to upgrade to Pro Here are the key points:
1. Theme Builder allows you to customize each element of your ThemeWith the Elementor Theme Builder Pro, you’re no longer limited by your theme’s limitations.
Visually design your header footer, footer, archive pages single posts, as well as all other elements of your website using Elementor. It works with any WordPress theme and doesn’t require any coding.
2. Create forms visually Visually design forms and incorporate them into your web design.
Contact form forms constitute an integral element of any website, because they serve as engines of conversions and leads. The form widget of Elementor Pro is unique since the whole management process is visually.
Create your forms using the front end and then connect them to an software for marketing automation or CRM that you like by a couple of clicks.
3. Templates for professionals as well as blocks
Elementor Pro offers many more professionally designed blocks and templates that are easily customizable to make beautiful websites.
The blocks and templates are integrated with blocks that integrate Pro widgets, which means you can build pages with slides as well as animated headlines as well as forms, among other crucial Elementsor Pro features.
4. Professionally designed key tools and functions
Elementor Pro comes with a variety of essential features and widgets essential for every experienced web developer.
These include animated Headlines to create stunning headlines, Posts widget for an incredible presentation of your blog’s posts. WooCommerce Widgets Slides, Media Carousel and customized fonts.
Do You Need Elementor Pro?
If you’re looking to create basic pages The Free version of Elementor will be able to handle the task. In actual fact, Elementor probably offers the most features-rich version for free of any page creator.
That being said, if you want to make use of Elementor to build the pages of your primary website (or create your entire site now using Elementor’s theme creator) If so, Elementor Pro is a fantastic alternative due to the brand new elements, the additional controls and additional features.
Elementor Plugin Review – Pros & Cons
Here’s everything I love and don’t like about Elementor.
- It’s free.
- It is packed with a wide array of functions and is very easy to make use of.
- It allows you to create customized styles and design that might not be supported by your theme of choice It does not require HTML, CSS, or PHP expertise.
- The real-time preview gives you true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing.
- The blank canvas template is basically a copy of your current theme and then discards it and lets you only use sections and blocks from Elementor Blocks and Sections.
- You can adjust your tablet, desktop and mobile view separately. In addition, it lets users to alter the layout of columns for the size of each device or screen.
- The rollback option lets users to go back to an older version of Elementor in the event that something fails during the update. Similar to the features that WP Rollback plugin offers for themes and plugins.
- If you need to shut down Elementor at some moment in the future it won’t create an array of shortcodes, like WPBakery Page Builder (see WPBakery review) or Divi Builder. Divi Builder do.
- Simple undo/redo process and complete revision history.
- Instead of having to open pop-ups like others page builder, Elementor lets you just click on the page to begin typing.
- It isn’t able to style your links due to some reason. It also doesn’t inherit the design styles correctly from the theme currently in use.
- It’s a bit iffy with regard to text and fonts in general. Sometimes, the styles are properly applied, but occasionally they aren’t.
- Standard widget designs aren’t always great out of the box.
- The difference between static templates and global templates could be complicated
- The absence of some features that are marketing-oriented
- History of revisions may not be ideal
Since the Elementor team has made it simple for developers to add extensions to Elementor’s functionality, you will also download a variety of useful Elementor extension extensions as well as WooCommerce Elementor add-ons that go far beyond the original Elementor plugin.
- Addon Widgets allow you to create native WordPress widgets for your Elementor website. They are WooCommerce product Categories like recent products and best-selling items, as well as featured products and sale notifications.
- Ultimate add-ons for Elementor give you access to an array of innovative Elementor widgets that meet your design requirements with a variety of variations and customizations to create an appealing and user-friendly website.
- Elementor Add-ons & Templates Sizzify Lite Sizzify Lite provides a range of elements that help Elementor to work more effectively in conjunction with WooCommerce along with additional useful elements.
- AnyWhere Elementor lets you save the designs you’ve made and then embed them into other locations with shortcodes. With this plugin you can also design different layouts, add elements to your posts, or even create hooks for GeneratePress or OceanWP themes.
- Elementor Addon Elements is good to animated your site’s pages a bit and use it also to give a professional look to your company (brand).
- Header Footer Elementor was made to enable you to design brand new footers and headers using Elementor. You can basically design the header or footer you want to use Elementor and incorporate it into your website.
- StylePress for the Elementor plugin allows you to create templates that can be used for both styles and arrange it to appear like a real style. Simply create a layout and give it a name as well as the type of page.
- Hotel Booking & Elementor Integration is specifically designed to work with the MotoPress hotel Booking plugin. Its primary goal is to assist users in editing shortcodes of the Hotel Booking plugin shortcodes visually within Elementor.
- These Plus addons to Elementor is a collection of widgets templates, and UI Blocks designed to assist you in creating incredible websites using Elementor.
- Master addons to Elementor will help you create stunning modern layouts for your website. The free version of the plugin comes with over 30 blocks that you can use. There’s also a premium version the plugin that includes even more functions and features.
- Stratum Elementor extensions is a free Elementor add-on that comes with 20plus advanced widgets that can be utilized to create landing pages as well as professional websites for business.
- The Element Pack Pro is a plugin that adds 130plus widgets with 299+ built-in page with 1500+ blocks as well as 250+ headers and footer elements to Elementor library.
- The Ultimate Post Kit – Helps you effectively manage your website’s content by with more than 40 widgets.
Elementor Themes and Templates
Are you looking for Elementor templates and themes for you to design an impressive WordPress website using an Elementor web page builders?
They can make life Elementor an entire lot simpler:
- Elementor theme These are standard WordPress themes, which function effectively together with Elementor (check Litho theme review and Everse theme review)
- Elementor template These are templates that you could import using Elementor to design a layout for one page. It’s still necessary to have an appropriate theme however, these templates could make it easier to design pages from scratch.
Some incredible themes that provide Elementor integration are Astra (check Astra pros & cons), GeneratePress (check Astra and GeneratePress Comparison), OceanWP (see OceanWP review), Deep theme (see Deep theme review) as well as Hestia theme.
The Elementor templates aren’t fully WordPress themes. They are imported via Elementor’s interface. Elementor interface, not installing them as an WordPress theme on your website.
Some of the top Elementor templates are Elementorism, EasyThemePacks, The Landing Factory Katka Elementor Template Pack as well as the Launch Party Section Blocks.
Note: Above mentioned information could be inaccurate as plugins receive updates, new features options, settings, and other changes with time. So to get the most up-to-date information, go to official websites.
Elementor Review Conclusion
Although there’s a premium edition that comes with Elementor accessible, users will receive the majority all of this plugin’s incredible features at no cost. In comparison to other page builders such as Beaver Builder (see differences between Beaver Builder free and pro versions), Divi, WPBakery and WPBakery, etc. The Elementor user interface can be among the easiest to understand.
However, no matter what page builder software you pick, there’s always going to be an education curve before you’re able to start making amazing pages.
Elementsor WordPress Page builder plug-in an absolute game changer for people who wish to to design, format and build their own unique content, but don’t know the basics of programming.
Although it can take some time to adjust to it, Elementor provides support by email to its subscribers who pay and videos for self-paced learning for their free subscribers.
The extra add-ons allow you to add more features. Also, the an array of templates and themes based on Elementor allow you to create websites even more simple.
If you have a site on which you conduct business , or interact with your community in general You should consider giving Elementor more than a single glance. It may be the solution to transform your content from excellent to outstanding.
If you’re looking for a plugin that allows you to create landing pages quickly without any learning curve or messing with too many settings, then try the WPOnepager WordPress the landing page creator plugin.