Link Juice is one of the most popular terms widely used in the SEO world. However, not everyone knows about it. Therefore, to help you better understand Link Juice in SEO, in today’s article I will clarify issues related to Link Juice including Concept, operation method, how to limit the loss of Link Juice and the method to maximize Link Juice for a website.
Let’s start to find out! Let’s go!!!!
What is Link Juice?
Link juice is a term used to refer to the strength or value of a website through external or internal links. To put it simply, Link Juice is like a flow of power and is transmitted through many links.
You can understand that for every link pointing to your website, it will create a Link Juice. Similarly, the more links that point to, the more this power flow is increased.
There are many direct or indirect ways to increase the number of links pointing to your website.
For direct you can use these strategies:
- Link Building
- Share documents
- Guest Post
- Marketing on social media,…
Indirectly, you can increase the power of your website by creating excellent content for your website. From there, readers can easily share them on other sites, which will link the pages in a more natural way.
The flow of power going from these sites to yours is called Link Juice. And Link Juice will be different depending on the sites linking to you.
How does Link Juice work?
Let’s say you have sites A and B. If all other ranking factors are constant and site A has a link while site B has no links, then site A will rank higher in search results due to the Link Juice it received from the external site that linked to it.
What if site B also gets a link? This depends on the amount of Link Juice each link goes through. Let me explain to you.
Site A gets links from 4 other sites, while B gets links from 3 sites. All of these affiliate sites receive Link Juice from other sites.
Because A gets links from more sites than B, more Link Juice is directed to A. And provided, the sites linking to A and B are of equal strength.
=> A has a great chance to rank higher than B in search results.
Another example shows that the transmission of Link Juice occurs in both directions.
Websites that not only link to site A also link to many other websites. While sites that link to site B only link to B. What happens?
In this case, the percentage of Link Juice that B gets is higher than the percentage that site A gets. This increases the chances of site B ranking higher than site A.
Sculpting Link Juice
As a webmaster, you’ve certainly used nofollow links to protect against loss of link juice through outbound links. This process is called Sculpting PageRank. With dofollow links (as opposed to nofollow links), the flow of Link Juice will be evenly distributed among links to other websites.
Sculpting PageRank is often used to manage outbound links by adding a nofollow attribute to one of the outgoing links. This means that Link Juice will not be transmitted to nofollow pages, but will be transmitted through other links.
You can see the illustration below.
Practice shows: This method is effective in stopping the flow of Link Juice to spam comments and links posted on blogs. The opposite when it comes to Internal Links on the website. The best way is to let the Link Juice flow naturally instead of controlling them with rel=nofollow attributes.
Link juice obtained and distributed within your website keeps your internal web pages as popular as your homepages on search engines. This is to increase PageRank for the homepage.
Link Juice can come from many different sources
In fact, Link Juice can come mainly from the following sources:
- Pages with content related to your web.
- The page has a high PageRank.
- Pages with relatively few outbound links.
- Pages that contain quality content.
- The page appears high in the SERPs.
- Pages with user-generated content.
- Popular sites, frequently mentioned on social media.
Link Juice does not come from
Many of you are confused that Link Juice may come from the sources below, but the truth is not like that, specifically Link Juice does not come from:
- Pages that have linked to your site.
- Pages with irrelevant content.
- Pages with lots of links (for example, promotional links or site-wide links).
- Pages are not indexed on search engines.
- Paid link.
- Links obtained in an affiliate exchange program. (When you link to someone else’s site in exchange for a link to yours, there’s basically no effect)
- Links from unranked, contentless sites.
How Websites Get Link Juice
Below, I will suggest some ways for your website to get Link Juice:
Create Internal Link
One of Link Juice’s potential sources of power isn’t far away, and that’s your website.
Busy looking for high-value backlinks, many webmasters often overlook Link Juice groups from their own most popular sites. A huge source of power is waiting for you to exploit through Internal Links.
With most Onpage SEO factors, Internal Linking starts with keyword research. Make a list of a few keywords that you are targeting for your website. Then, look through your list of web pages containing those keywords to find the most valuable site.
Some support tools
I will suggest you the top 3 tools that support very well in optimizing Link Juice:
- SEO Review Tools: This is a powerful tool that helps you find both the domain name and the page PA for a URL. It will also tell you the total number of external links pointing to your page. In addition, this tool also allows you to look up 10 pages at a time.
- Small SEO Tools: This is a versatile set of free tools with over 100 different tools. They help you in checking article copyright, checking website ranking, word processing, checking SEO index for website, checking backlink, checking keywords, helping google submit website faster.
- Open Site Explorer: This is a free tool from SEOmoz. This tool helps you check, research the links of your competitors or your site. In addition, it also helps us find backlink sources, analyze competitors’ websites and compare them with our own.
Once you have a list of your target keywords as well as the most valuable websites, it’s time to get the Link Juices from those sites.
Get Link Juice
Place a link to your target page using your keyword as an anchor text.
Be careful when inserting links that have Anchor Text as the exact keyword. Because this can make Google misunderstand you are spamming keywords. You can use synonyms or LSI Keywords to avoid this.
As we mentioned above, a page’s amount of value can be divided equally by its total number of links. So you need to remove unnecessary Outbound Links to optimize the amount of Link Juice.
You can use rel=”nofollow” tag to avoid transmission of Link Juice. But it does not help you increase the value of the page through other links on the page.
You can find a page’s internal link count in Google Search Console by searching traffic.
Methods to Maximize Link Juice
Link Juice is extremely important for a website’s search rankings. Therefore, maximizing Link Juice is an integral part of SEO. This process consists of 2 parts:
- Maximize existing Link Juice
- Earn more Link Juice
Maximize Link Juice with Internal Link
A lot of Seo-ers have skipped the Link Juice group from their own website. But they did not expect that it has great value and is waiting to be exploited and distributed to other websites.
To optimize Internal Links for a specific page, you need:
- Create a list of keywords and LSI keywords related to the content of the page
- Other pages related to that content.
You can use the site: and intext: syntax in combination with keywords to search for content.
Please ignore inappropriate websites. Links to the target sites have the top value in the list of websites you find.
However, remember: Don’t use the same anchor text for multiple sites as this can make google understand that you are spamming.
Consider removing less relevant links from high-value pages to avoid diluting the amount of Link Juice. Check My Links is a super useful plugin to help you find links on a page.
How to get more Link Juice for website
Link Building is an important part of search engine optimization. And External links are considered as one of the most important factors.
Each External Link to your domain will show that your website has relevant content or is of high value to users.
That is, when the search engines rank your website, it will notice the amount of Link Juice being passed from the External Links to the website, increasing the power of the website.
So how to build backlinks for website? This can seem like a daunting task as it is largely out of control. However, there are a few ways that you can do to increase the number of backlinks for your website.
Add Hreflang tags for international sites
There are many websites that target multiple audiences in different countries. So you can use local languages or translate their content to suit all users.
The Hreflang tag is used to provide signals to search engines to help determine the language of a web page. Adding Hreflang tags to different versions of each page helps Google Bots understand the language format of each version. From there, it can help the website to rank higher on the search results table of each language.
Additionally, the Hreflang tag also allows Link Juice to be shared between pages and their language equivalents. Also, create a good foundation for these pages to rank higher in search engines.
Additionally, you can also add Hreflang tags to your sitemap.xml. Provide a single file for direct search engines to all pages and their versions.
Link Reclamation is the process of finding and fixing old links pointing to your web pages. Use a crawler like Site Crawl or check Google Search Console’s Index Coverage report for URLs with 404 errors.
Alternatively, you can also use the Ahrefs tool to find links to this page. From there, it’s easy to provide web owners with updated URLs. (They also don’t want to keep dead links on the site for what)
Do not redirect these links to your homepage or other unrelated pages. Because this can cause Google to see your homepage as almost 404 errors, and potentially affect website conversion rates. This is one of the pretty common problems for some websites these days.
Here, there is a small note.
You can still stealthily use Link Reclamation to find your competitors’ old links.
Linkbait content – Skyscraper technique
One of the most effective ways to create more Link Juice for your website… is to create link-worthy content, it’s called the Skyscraper technique.
This tactic is simply…
Find the content/articles that users often share and turn them into better quality articles:
- Content Expansion: Listicles are one of the most engaging types of content that you can easily implement. Creating a list as large and comprehensive as turning the top 10 into the top 20 can bring it closer to the reader. In addition, you can also add detailed information or illustrative examples to increase the value of the article.
Listicles (List + Articles) are short articles in the form of numbered lists that are written in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Content Update: There are articles with valuable content, but it is outdated. Updating content with new, interesting, and useful information will help you connect with more users.
- Beautiful Illustration: A lot of users are attracted to visual elements, especially for dry academic or technical topics. Therefore, adding more quality illustrations will attract more readers.
Once you’ve created the content you like, using social media bring these articles closer to your readers and encourage them to share them.
Participate in the public
If you already have good linkbait content, the next step will be the most difficult step to build links. That is community outreach.
Research your opponent
Research your competitors first, using Open Site Explorer you can find sites that are pointing to your competitors (Ignore forum and directory pages).
You will have a list of sites including:
- Websites related to your industry
- Sites with the same topic
- Sites that have linked to similar content
Use the list of support tools we mentioned above. These tools help check the quality of domains in the list of websites you just found. Find the best sites to generate the most valuable links.
In addition, we will introduce you to a number of other support tools that will help you reach the community more easily and effectively:
- BlogDash: Here you can find a list of bloggers in your field of interest. More importantly, you can find their information and what they have written recently.
- AuthorCrawler: Tool built by Tom Anthony of Distills. AuthorCrawl finds links to a page. And from there, collect them, look for the author’s bookmarks to show Google+ information.
When doing outreach in this way,…
Let’s start with the complete setup of the content first. Double-check your target sites for broken links that you can replace.
When sending emails, create a generic template that will make your outreach easier.
Some notes when writing emails:
To create a comprehensive standard Email, please carefully save the following criteria:
- Start the email with information about the value you can bring. Bloggers may not be interested in information that they already know, read, and understand.
So start by: Let them know your article will fill in the missing pieces of previous articles.
- Do not copy and paste the URL directly into the email: Because it will look like you have used software that pulls information from Excel’s sheets. Try using hyperlinks to blog posts. And if possible, remove the URLs altogether.
- Use unique email headers: Because if you want to link to a famous and reputable blog, you may have to compete with dozens or even hundreds of people for their attention.
If the subject line of your Email looks like a sample letter or shows them you are trying to get a link from them, it is possible that your Email will be deleted even if it is not opened.
Try to write the email subject specifically enough. Let the recipient understand what you’re talking about and be vague enough that they won’t realize you’re trying to link to them.
- Add personal contact information to Email. This adds to your credibility and makes the Email more valuable. Not like regular spam.
Make sure your email is personal, not a template email. This will likely affect your future outreach efforts.
Remember that Link Juice is extremely important for a website, as it is a measure of the value and perception of users about your website content as well as your brand.
It is also very important for your website to have a high position in Google rankings. And more than that, Link Juice is not just the power line of the website. It is also a power line to build awareness, brand, reputation and a resource to help you strive for more.
Do you understand Link Juice now? How important is it and how to get more Link Juice for your website? If you do not understand what Link Juice is, or have questions, please comment below this article! I will answer you soon.