Do you have a dream of owning a website that is successful?
There are many parameters to consider, such as keyword research, content creation, backlink building, and so forth. These factors contribute to your site’s overall growth.
To maintain this growth, however, you need to be able perform site audits on a regular basis.
You might think it would be tedious and time-consuming to manually go through hundreds of pages on your website.
Yes, that’s right..!! What if you could do a site audit in a matter of seconds?
Sounds fascinating, right?
This 5+ Best SEO Audit Tools to Perform Complete Site Checkups article will list 7+ top site audit tools that can help you check your SEO health.
These site audit tools can be used by any type of user, whether you’re a freelancer or an experienced blogger, eCommerce store owner or an SEO agency.
Let’s start with the basics before we go any further.
What is SEO Audit?
SEO audit involves many processes to check your website’s search engine friendliness. This is what I will use to explain it to you.
Your body is your website. To ensure your health, you visit the doctor regularly for a full-body exam. Your doctor will share the results of multiple tests that were done on different parts of your body with you.
Site audit tools work in a similar fashion and can be used to check the SEO health on your website. These SEO site audit tools also show you the areas that need improvement in your report. These segments include:
- Issues in technical SEO
- Issues in On-Page SEO
- Problems with crawling
- Questions about UX
- Code issues (CSS & JS minification, etc.)
- Site structure problems
We are now on the same page. Let’s dive in and explore all the SEO site auditing tools.
SEMrush is a great tool to help you kill multiple SEO birds at once.
It is an all-in-one suite of SEO tools that also offers the most accurate, quick, and reliable site auditing tools. It will not only audit your site but will also provide a detailed report detailing all possible problems and a guide on how to fix them.
SEMrush Site Audit tool Features
- SEMrush automatically categorizes all issues on your website based upon their severity after auditing it. This includes Warnings, Errors, and Notices.
- SEMrush offers detailed reports and information about your website’s crawlability. This module allows you to see how search engines view your website.
- SEMrush’s site auditor tool will help you keep an eye on international SEO if you have a multilingual website.
Serpstat, another SEO toolkit, is being used by some prominent clients such as Shopify, L’oreal and Lenevo.
It also offers one of the most widely used site audit tools. Site audit tools from Serpstat can help you identify and fix SEO problems that could be affecting your Google rankings.
The Features of the Serpstat Site Audit tool
- Serpstat categorizes your SEO issues on-page, just like other SEO tools online. It clearly states if the issues are high, middle, or low priority. It also checks if the site has been infected by viruses.
- Serpstat can also find duplicate content on your website. This could cause your pages and blogs to not be indexed if you ignore it.
- This also helps you to create or amend your sitemap. This will increase your crawlability.
3. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an established and well-known name in SEO optimization software. SE Ranking has built a large customer base over the years that includes famous brands such as Zapier, Bed Bath & Beyond and Trustpilot.
It offers almost all of the SEO tools in one suite and also has the best site audit tool. According to the SE Ranking team, their tool can crawl deep to find all technical SEO issues.
Features of the SE Ranking Site Audit tool
- SE Ranking’s site audit tool allows you to scan multiple sites and perform audits. You can choose to allow site audits, sitemap-based auditing or manual submissions of links.
- SE Ranking, unlike other SEO audit tools, can cover subdomains in one audit campaign.
- SE Ranking allows you to compare and contrast the results of your site audit. You can check and compare the number of SEO issues that you have resolved so far, as well as which ones are still pending.
Ubersuggest is missing from the list of free SEO tools. Neil Patel has redesigned Ubersuggest to be a freemium SEO toolkit that includes all the features you need.
Ubersuggest also allows you to access free online SEO site audit tools. Simply enter the domain you want to audit and Ubersuggest will do the rest.
Ubersuggest Site Audit tool Features
- Ubersuggest claims it offers one of the best site audit reports. It also provides a bar representation about your site’s SEO health.
- Ubersuggest’s site audit tool can identify key technical SEO issues. You’ll also be able to see how you can fix them.
- The tool also includes a site speed analyzer. This tool allows you to easily see where your site ranks on speed.
5. Netpeak Software
Netpeak Software is a great choice for any digital marketing agency, SEO specialist or freelancer looking for an SEO tool to help them with their day-to-day tasks.
Netpeak Software is a free downloadable software that crawls your site as search engine spiders. Netpeak Software offers site audit tools under the name Netpeak Spider.
Netpeak Software Site Audit tool Features
- Netpeak Software can quickly audit your website. It also allows you to scrape data from websites.
- Netpeak Software, among other SEO site audit tools can detect and alert you to the 80+ technical SEO problems.
- This tool can also be used to view the source code and HTTP headers for your site pages, without having to leave the application.
6. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog, another well-known name in digital marketing and SEO is Screaming Frog. Screaming Frog has been trusted by many SEO professionals and webmasters for their technical SEO tasks.
Screaming Frog can be downloaded as a desktop program, just like other site audit tools. It is most commonly used as a crawler. It can also be used as a tool for site auditing and technical SEO.
Features Of Screaming Frog Site Audit Tool
- Screaming Frog allows you to integrate it into Google Analytics, Google Seach Console and PageSpeed Insights.
- Screaming Frog offers SEO site audit tools and also lets you visualize your site architecture as a tree-graph structure.
Screaming Frog Pricing
Screaming Frog offers many SEO tools and services. They have different pricing for each one, including the Scream Frog SEO Spider. Site audit tool is free, but it has a 500 URL limit and basic features.
Subscribe to the PS149 annual plan to get unlimited site audits and advanced features.
Moz is a powerful site audit tool that should not be missed on any list. Moz is not only a site audit tool but also offers industry-leading SEO tools.
I can assure you that no other platform or application could provide better guidance in the area of SEO for your site. Moz is so powerful and efficient.
Features Of Moz Site Audit Tool
- Moz can crawl large websites that have thousands of pages and easily audit them. It generates a visually appealing report after auditing and informs you about the SEO health of your site.
- Site audit tools help you identify technical SEO issues and provide insight on how to fix them. Moz also alerts you automatically about any new issues after each scheduled crawl.
- Moz, unlike other SEO audit tools online allows you to rerawl your website after fixing any issues.
8. Alexa SEO Site Audit Tool
It wasn’t common for site audit tool lists or blogs to include Alexa. Amazon has made Alexa a powerful marketing tool that provides almost all of the SEO tools.
Its SEO site audit tool is the best among all marketing tools. Alexa site audit tool users claim that it has helped improve their website’s SEO performance.
Features Of Alexa Site Audit Tool
- Alexa allows you to schedule site audits on an ongoing basis. You can easily identify SEO problems and then fix them.
- Alexa’s site audit tool can also analyze your site speed and security problems. Alexa will alert you about any new issues.
- Alexa allows you to download site audit reports. This will allow you to prioritise your issues and then send them to your developers and webmasters.
Wrapping Up Best SEO Audit Tools
I trust you’ve thoroughly reviewed the top 7 best site audit tools for SEO health.
The next step is to find the best SEO site audit tools available and fix your SEO problems.
SEO problems that are not addressed or managed properly can cause serious issues for websites. If I was you, I would quickly get a website audit tool if I hadn’t already.
You can rest assured that I have tried all the SEO audit tool tools and found them to be very useful.
You can let me know if there is an auditing tool you use that I haven’t mentioned.